Herb-Crumbed Beef Rib Roast with Red Wine Gravy
Prep: 45 minutes
Roast: 5 hours • Serves: 8
Beef Rib Roast
1 cup cubed Brownberry® white bread
6 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Essential Everyday Dijon mustard
1 (7- to 8-pound) standing beef rib roast
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon McCormick® ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Essential Everyday canola oil
2 large white onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick disks
Red Wine Gravy
3 tablespoons Essential Everyday unsalted butter
3 tablespoons County Market all-purpose flour
2 cups Kitchen Basics® original beef stock
1/2 cup red wine
1. Prepare Beef Rib Roast: Preheat oven to 225°. In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse bread to fine crumbs. You should have about 1/2 cup crumbs. In large skillet, cook crumbs over medium heat 9 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently; cool 5 minutes.
2. In small bowl, combine garlic, parsley, basil and mustard.
3. Sprinkle beef roast with salt and pepper. Heat large roasting pan over medium-high heat; add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add beef roast to pan and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, turning to brown all sides. Remove beef roast from pan; place rack in pan and place onions on rack.
4. Evenly spread mustard mixture over beef roast; with hands, evenly press crumbs onto beef roast over mustard mixture. Place roast on top of onions. Roast beef 5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare. (Internal temperature will rise 5 to 10° upon standing.) Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
5. Prepare Red Wine Gravy: In small saucepot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and wine; cook 5 minutes or until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
911 Calories, 64g Fat (28g Saturated), 187mg Cholesterol,
1211mg Sodium, 11g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 49g Protein