Fresh Fruit Tarts
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 8 minutes • Serves: 8
12 sheets (9 x 14 inches each) phyllo dough, thawed
Essential Everyday® butter cooking spray
1 package (8 ounces) Dutch Farms® Neufchâtel cheese, softened
1/4 cup County Market® powdered sugar
1 tablespoon Dutch Farms® reduced fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup apple jelly
2-2/3 cups fresh fruit: raspberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, sliced kiwi and/or Mandarin oranges, in light syrup, drained
1. Prepare Shells: Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and unroll phyllo dough; cover phyllo dough with clean damp towel to prevent drying.
2. Transfer 1 sheet to work surface and spray lightly with cooking spray, keeping remaining sheets covered with damp towel. Repeat 5 times, placing sheets on top of first layer, for a total of 6 layers; cut into 4 equal size rectangles. Form each into 4 muffin cups in muffin pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat with 6 more phyllo dough sheets and cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
3. Prepare Filling: In small bowl, with rubber spatula, fold together all ingredients. With whisk, stir filling until well combined.
4. Prepare Topping: In small saucepan, melt jelly. Do not let boil.
5. Transfer filling to large zip-top plastic bag with bottom corner snipped off (or use a spoon), and evenly divide filling into shells. Arrange fruit of choice over filling and brush fruit with jelly.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
300 Calories, 11g Fat (6g Saturated), 31mg Cholesterol,
231mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 4g Protein