Lobster Mac & Cheese Cups
Prep: 55 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes • Serves: 12
2 cups Essential Everyday elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
2 lobsters (about 1-1/4 pounds each) or 1-3/4 cups cooked lobster meat
3 tablespoons Essential Everyday unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons County Market all-purpose flour
2 cups half and half
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon McCormick® ground white pepper
8 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup mascarpone or cream cheese (about 4 ounces)
1-1/2 cups Dutch Farms® shredded Parmesan cheese
Essential Everyday cooking spray
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add macaroni and cook as label directs; drain and return to saucepot.
2. Meanwhile, fill 6-quart saucepot 2/3 full with salted water; cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Fill large bowl with ice and cold water. Add lobsters to boiling water; cover and return water to boiling. Uncover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the entire shells turn red, turning lobsters so that they are totally submersed in boiling water. With tongs, transfer lobsters to ice water to cool.
3. With a turning motion, tear away lobster tails from heads; repeat to remove claws from bodies, discarding any green parts that may have been removed with the tail. Remove as much meat as possible from claws and tails and coarsely chop.
4. Preheat oven to 375°. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in garlic and flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Whisk in half and half, sherry, salt, nutmeg and pepper, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in Cheddar, mascarpone, 3/4 cup Parmesan, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Fold cheese mixture and lobster into macaroni until evenly coated. Makes about 7 cups.
5. Spray 12 standard muffin cups with cooking spray; evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan into cups. Evenly divide macaroni mixture into cups; evenly sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving; sprinkle with chives, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
386 Calories, 25g Fat (16g Saturated), 105mg Cholesterol,
636mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 17g Protein